Santorum Third Most Corrupt Senator in 2006

Santorum was named among"Most Corrupt" senators by watchdog group in 2006. Download the .pdf and start reading at Page 207. It's a long list  http://www.citizensforethics.org/page/-/PDFs/Reports/CREW_Beyond_De...

In Liberty,

Lisa Miller

Tea Party WDC

www.TeaPartyWDC.ning.com

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Before you dump Santorum, CREW is a leftist group, which is funded by George Soros.

Before you dump Santorum, CREW is a leftist group, which is funded by George Soros.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_for_Responsibility_and_Ethics...

Roll Call reported in January 2008 that CREW files most of its complaints against members of Congress, and "all but a handful... have targeted Republicans". The article stated that CREW had issued press releases against Democrats but usually had not filed complaints against them, with the exception of Senator Mary Landrieu, a conservative Democrat.[34] CREW defended itself to Roll Call:

"CREW is a nonpartisan organization that targets unethical conduct," [Deputy Director Naomi] Seligman wrote... "Now that the Democrats are in power, they will have opportunities for corruption that were previously reserved to Republicans and it is likely we will see more Democratic corruption."

After the article was published, CREW stated that it was "baseless" and "omitted key facts". CREW also suggested the Roll Call reporter had been prompted by a conversation with Democratic Senator Mary Landrieu, the target of a recent CREW lawsuit at the time.[35]

Roll Call reported that CREW investigated "groups and individuals who are the foes of CREW's donors" as well as a political opponent of one of CREW's board directors, and that CREW refused to disclose its donor list.[34] Donors to CREW include such liberal groups as George Soros' Open Society Institute, Democracy Alliance, Service Employees International Union, the Arca Foundation, and the Gill Foundation.[34][36][37] The Roll Call article also stated that the CREW mission statement had changed since 2005, when it read that CREW "differs from other good government groups in that it sues offending politicians directly" and that it "aims to counterbalance the conservative legal watchdog groups that made such a strong impact over the past decade."

Dispprove the allegations please. It is unfortunate but there is a public record. There is opposition research among candidates and parties and must be confronted BEFORE folks make a choice as this is what will be used in the general election. Don't know about you, but I'd rather know now.

Right now, I would settle for Santorum taking out “Unfit-Mitt” in the northern states, and Newt taking him down in the Southern states. The thought of losing so many friends, because I can NOT, and will NOT support Mitt Romney makes me sick (in my soul). There is NO WAY Unfit-Mitt can beat Barack Obama... If the “Mitt-stablishment,” wins, America loses! Let's hope, and pray that G.O.P. voters come to realize this before Super Tuesday... Mike C.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Lisa Miller.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service